Extra-indulgent seasonal British recipes to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside
Amy Newstead, C-Blink-Films, 2011
Thomasina Miers, owner of popular Mexican restaurant group, Wahaca
As Masterchef winner and founder of hit Mexican restaurant chain Wahaca, there's little Thomasina Miers doesn't know about Mexican cooking. Learn to create an authentic Mexican breakfast at home with this step-by-step cookery video, presented by Thomasina Miers.
Mexican breakfast recipe
This is a delicious, dead-easy brunch that makes for a lively wake-up call, can restore good moods and pep you up for the weekend. Serve with salsa and refried beans for absolute perfection.
Quick and easy Mexican breakfast recipe
4 corn tortillas
60g Lancashire cheese
A small handful chopped tarragon
Enchilada sauce (or combine tomato sauce and enchilada spice mix from Mission Mexican Enchilada Meal Kit)
Salt and pepper
1) Heat the sauce gently in a pan. Melt 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in a separate frying-pan and gently turn the flatbreads in the oil. Put them in a low oven, wrapped in foil, to keep warm, along with four plates. Add the tarragon to the sauce and stir.
2) Heat the rest of the olive oil in the frying-pan and turn the heat right up until it's sizzling. Fry the eggs, two at a time, spooning the oil over the top of them so that they turn a golden colour at the edges and absorb some of the flavour. Season the eggs well with salt and pepper.
3) Put a flatbread on each plate and top with the tomato sauce. Put a fried egg on top and scatter with the grated Lancashire.
There you have it - a lively Mexican breakfast in next to no time.
Thomasina presents the Mexican Food Made Simple series which is sponsored by Mission Mexican. Find more Mexican recipes online at the missioninyourkitchen.co.uk website.
More on MSN Food
- The UK's top 10 ultimate breakfasts
- Top 10 cookbooks you should buy
- The UK's 10 best chefs you've probably never heard of
Share this story with friends and family, join MSN Food on Facebook
Be the first to see the latest news, features and what we're up to at MSN Food, follow MSN Food on Twitter