Anthony Demetre’s quinoa and pheasant salad
Anthony Demetre, Arbutus Restuarant
2.5 tbsp olive oil
40g mixed seeds
0.5 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp mint
120g pomegranate seeds
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
320g skinned pheasant breasts
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
100g crispy salad
50g vacuum-packed chestnuts, sliced
1. Preheat the oven 170C/gas mark 3.
2. Cook the quinoa in salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside until it is fully dry, then stir through 1 tbsp olive oil.
3. Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Toast the seeds until they are golden. Add the spices and heat through. Stir the mixture into a bowl with the quinoa, herbs, pomegranate, lemon zest and juice. Season and set aside.
4. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Fry the pheasant for 2 minutes on each side. Add the garlic, roast for 8 minutes more in the oven. Season, rest for 3 minutes and then slice.
5. Toss the salad with the pheasant slices in the oven-warmed pan. Fold in the quinoa, serve from the pan and scatter with chestnut slices.
Other MSN Food celebrity recipes
Starter: Eric Lanlard's beetroot and broccoli tart
Main course: Maria Elias' tagliata with green tomatoes, oregano and mustard
Side dish: Jacob Kenedy's stewed borlotti beans with tomato and basil
Dessert: Lisa Faulkner's quick-and-easy chocolate cake